The California Taxpayers Association is working to represent taxpayers like you.
We have been on the front lines supporting sound tax policy and government efficiency since 1926. Whether the conversation is taking place in legislative proceedings, the courts, at the ballot box or with tax agency leaders, CalTax provides a strong and respected voice for taxpayers.
CalTax members include government affairs, legal, tax and finance professionals working at companies ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, as well as individual taxpayers. In the past year, CalTax served our members on a broad set of issues, including:
- Working to defeat major tax increases in the California Legislature, including higher corporate income taxes.
- Engaging directly with Governor Gavin Newsom and the Legislature in discussions on federal tax conformity.
- Remaining on guard to stop any attempt to expand California’s sales tax base to include services.
- Advocating for paying down unemployment insurance debt to prevent future employment tax increases.
- Representing taxpayers in tax agency “interested parties” meetings.
- Engaging on local tax issues, including San Francisco’s gross receipts tax, Los Angeles County’s square-footage property taxes, and other broad-based tax proposals.
- Defeating every split-roll attempt in the past four decades, including Proposition 15 on the November 2020 ballot, and preparing for the next battle as split-roll advocates plan to put another initiative before the voters.
Membership in CalTax ensures that your priorities are advocated forcefully when we engage with the Legislature and tax agencies, and keeps you informed about how tax policy may affect your ability to do business in California.